Saturday, November 6, 2010

All Fired Up!

Music, creativity, imagination are three characteristics of a right brained child. All of these and many more explain the dynamics of Dawson. Over the weekend I decided to tap into her art side and paint a little pottery. We met our friends Grace and Lynn and the creativity began. I did not help her at all (that was a hard thing not to do) and she really did a great job.

Both girls loved picking out their paint colors and bringing them to the table. At one point, we had a few too many! I thought we might get in trouble...heeeheee. I'm not sure the shop was used to such fun girls as ours!

We picked out two things to paint. Lynn and I looked for things that had big open spaces. One was a mitten ornament and the other was an ornament plate.

The girls picked their colors and got to work.

Dawson amazed me as she used a color, rinsed and then dried her brush before using another color. She likes things done the right way (her way) and she likes them done well. I think I have a perfectionist on my hands! Look at the intensity in the picture above. Yikes!

Check out her work in progress. I can't wait until next week when we pick up the finished product.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was a lot of fun. Next time I am going to paint something so I keep my hands off Grace's artwork!