Saturday, May 21, 2011

Birthday Balance Bike

After much research and the dreaded idea of training wheels, I decided to try a balance bike for Dawson's early birthday present (actually from Grammy and Papa). If you look carefully, you will notice these kinds of bikes have no pedals. The idea is to scoot around and then eventually start lifting your feet and cruising along with balance.

Grammy also attached a basket for teddy to go along for the ride. They both love the new bike!

We just scooted along down the sidewalk. At first, it looks kind of silly walking along with a bike. Then, I noticed she was picking up her feet a little. She was feeling out the balance right away. I didn't know how this would work but, now I can see it's going to be a good thing!

And down the sidewalk we went.

This is fun mom!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't believe it either, but using a balance bike improved Grace's confidence. Dawson looks like she is having a great time. Whatever works to get her out there and trying her best!