Sunday, July 10, 2011

Lemonade Stand

What a beautiful day for a Lemonade Stand! We started by making our signs last week and the cookies and pink lemonade last night. I made some bubble letters for the sign and Dawson did the rest! I noticed a big D and a hand print added to the sign. Of course I made another sign and posted it close by. It included the fact that we would be donating our money to "One of a Kind Pets." This is a local animal shelter we like to visit and play with the kittens!



We had our cash register and pitcher of lemonade ready to go!

Some chocolate chip cookies which by the way, sold quickly!!!!

First, we had to taste the product. Yes, she approved!

Our first customer.......

Putting the cash in the register was probably the best part of the lemonade stand.

And lastly, counting the money. We had quite a successful day! It was surprising how much money we made. We will be taking 90% of the money to the animal shelter this week and putting 10% in the piggy bank. What a great learning experience!!!

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

So cute; Nana and Ba liked seeing the success Dawson had on her first money-making adventure. Maybe she will have a chain in the future. She could call it Miss D's.

Lynn said...

I bet Tommy or Pspa paid the $10 for the lemonade and cookie! It looks like a fun experience. Have a great time at camp tomorrow, Dawson. we want to hear all about it!