Friday, July 13, 2012

A New York Minute

We spent a little bit more than a minute but, not much more.  We went to NYC for one night to catch some sights, see a play and do a little bit of kid shopping!  I have been to NYC I don't know how many times, and I love it each and every time.  I couldn't wait to take Dawson and share what I love so much about this city.  I thought 5 was the perfect age to be able to walk and enjoy the city!  

When we arrived, Dawson looked down from our 31st floor room onto Time Square.  She looked for quite awhile as she was checking out all of the sights below.  It was a wonderful view!

Immediately we were off to the Central Park Zoo.  I have not been here in a long time.  As always, it was clean and full of animal fun.  

The otters always put on a good show.



This was a musical clock that went off just as we were walking past.  the animals go around it in a circle.  We stopped, watched and listened to the beautiful music.

After the zoo, we went for a walk in Central Park.  One of Dawson's favorite shows is on Disney Channel and it's called "Jessie."  She is a nanny in NYC and many of her shows take part in Central Park.  As we were walking through the park, she continually said, "I wonder if we will see Jessie today?"  It was hilarious as she walked around and looked for her!  

We stopped for a moment to watch a crazy Humpty Dumpty puppet.  She loved every minute of this show!

Next came some walking on the rocks!

We ran out of time in the park but, wanted to stop here at this little amusement park.  It was taking place  where you usually would see Wollman Skating Rink.

Off to the American Doll store.  Within minutes we found the doll for Dawson.  Meet McKenna the American Girl Doll of the Year.  She's a gymnast and you know how much Dawson likes gymnastics!  

They just couldn't keep their eyes off each other.

And yes, McKenna's loft bed came home with us also. 



We ate dinner at the American Doll Cafe.  The restaurant makes everything kid and doll friendly.  Each doll was in a chair at the table and was served a mini plate and tea cup.  Here's a peek at our dessert!
Next, we headed back to our hotel room to play with our doll and our new loft bed.  All of us were asleep by 10:00!

Early the next morning we were up and eating the traditional and delicious NYC bagels.  My favorite bagels in the world!  


Back out to explore the city.  We loved watching and chasing the pigeons on the street!

Stopped for lunch to enjoy another NYC favorite!



And finally, we topped off our trip by catching Mary Poppins on Broadway.  It was a fantastic show!  I wish I could have taken a picture of Mary Poppins as she flew from the stage up into the audience.  She was right in front of us....we could have touched her!

And a final good bye ride to the airport!  We love NYC and will be back soon!


2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Looks like you found lots to do.
The best part is that you guys love NYC and will be back. Love the NYC Pizza photo and the taxi

Lynn said...

You did a great job planning, Kellie. It looks like you were able to do everything you wanted to in this shot trip. I bet Dawson is in love with her new doll and loft bed!