Santa made a visit to Dawson's kindergarten class this year right before the holiday party. Did you notice there are no tears this year? This was as close as we got to Santa this year!
After his visit, the holiday party began. I volunteered to be a room parent this year which was super fun but, I found it impossible to catch many pictures.
I found a great game that every student loved...which is hard to do in kindergarten! I wrapped a package of candy canes 22 times. Like musical chairs, I played the music and when it stopped, that person opened one layer of wrapping paper. Instead of being sad when the music stopped, the kids were so excited to tear off the wrapping paper! In fact, they were looking for a pattern in the wrapping paper!
I have to admit, it did take forever to wrap the same present 22 times but, the excitement and happiness of the kids paid off! The loved it! The last child tore off the paper and in the box was.....a candy cane for each child!
And lastly, there was a small, school singing program downtown in conjunction with a banner unveiling. Unfortunately it was windy and rainy so they kids sang inside a large warehouse. There voices still sounded wonderful!



No comments:
Post a Comment