Sunday, June 16, 2013

Skating Time!

It's not quite her birthday but, we always try and fit in Dawson's birthday party a little bit early before all the families hit the road for their summer vacations!

If you remember last year, we had the exact same skating party.  I tried to convince Dawson to do something different this year but, she was really in love with doing the same thing again.  Her decision goes along her personality....she likes repetition.

This year's theme was Strawberry Shortcake!

Can you believe she's really turning six already?

All smiles when it came to blowing out the candles.  

This year seemed to be a lot easier for most of the kids.  It's amazing how their coordination changed in one year.  In fact, they wanted to skate the whole time!

 After a little encouragement, I did get them off for some pizza and cake.   A few girls mentioned to me they don't like white cake and they would rather skate!  How funny was that!!!

 I love how Grace was all smiles when she opened her treat bag!

A few friends stopped by for a picture!



 Look at that balance!

Grace looks like she's having fun! 

 One of Dawson's favorite parts was using two cones and skating very fast!  I did get some good video of her doing this!

 

 Karli and Dawson took time off the ice to pose for a quick smile!

 Next came the gifts....She loved every part of opening them and she couldn't wait to really dig into them when we got home!


I loved how all the girls were interested in the presents and giving Dawson her gift.  In fact, they were pushing each other to pass the gifts because they were so excited.  It was very cute!

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl!!!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

It was a great party and, I agree, the girls were so much more independent on the ice this year. What a perfect place for a party, too! Good planning Kellie! Dawson seemed very happy and we were so thrilled to be a part of another wonderful birthday celebration.