The Fall Hiking Spree has arrived. The Metroparks kicks off a hiking spree each fall from Sept. to Nov. The object of the spree is to complete 8 hikes out of a list of about 12. They range in distance from 1 mile to a little over 3 miles.
We started off today with a 1.2 mile hike to see an old quarry. It was a little warm and humid but, a great day for a hike.
When we complete our 8 hikes, Dawson will be awarded a hiking stick. My mom says I got my stick when I was 4. I will get a medal to pound on mine this year. I wonder where that stick is of mine?
Notice how green everything is.....this is going to change quickly in the next few weeks!
And we ended our hike with some nice cold water!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment