Saturday, May 10, 2014

Annie Jr.

Last night Dawson's school performed the musical "Annie Jr."  Every year her school has a spring musical which consists of grades k-6.  The sixth graders always have the key roles and it goes down by grade level.  I'm always amazed at the confidence of these girls on stage at such a young age.  It's always a fabulous production!  

 The first graders were orphans and were in the number "Little Girls".  It was perfect for her class of 16.  They are a sassy group of girls! 

 She's in the brown sweater with pig tails.

 One thing I love about her school is that the teachers really tap into the talents of the students.  The play included singing, dancing and gymnastics moves.

 The opportunity to be in a play and on stage is one I LOVE for Dawson.  The arts help build her self-confidence and stage presence.  Being shy, one would not think she would like to be on stage but, she LOVES IT!

My little orphan Dawson…….

No comments: