One thing I really want to make sure Dawson experiences is traditions. I am a believer that traditions are an important part of every child's life. With this in mind, I decided to start another one with St. Nicholas Day. Here is a little info about it in case you don't know!



"In many places St. Nicholas is the main gift giver. His feast day, St. Nicholas Day, is December 6, which falls early in the Advent season. Some places he arrives in the middle of November and moves about the countryside, visiting schools and homes to find out if children have been good. Other places he comes in the night and finds carrots and hay for his horse or donkey along with children's wish lists. Small treats are left in shoes or stockings so the children will know he has come."
Last night we left our shoes out and here is what we found this morning! Gold coins, a finger puppet, a clementine and a rubber duck. I'm thankful her shoes are small this year!

1 comment:
Dawson we are so glad St. Nick came to see you. He stopped by our house, too! You and Grace must be good little girls this year!
We also want you to know that we will be thinking of you tomorrow at your court appointment. Congratulations on your re-adoption and on becoming a US citizen! Yea!
Post a Comment