Sunday, July 19, 2009

An ALMOST Sleepover!

Last night Lynn had a wedding so I finally had the chance to watch the two girls together. From the moment they walked in the door, you would have thought they have been friends forever. Dawson went right over to Grace and asked for her hand. Then she guided her into the playroom (used to be known as the dining room!). Throughout the night they played together and independently. It's fun to sit back and just let them play.
We had one incident where Grace picked the "Wrong" swing. Dawson always picks the one here on the right. When Grace picked that one, Dawson was mad and told her "MY SWING!" Grace didn't know what to do! Welcome to the TWO's! Sharing, sharing, sharing. Dawson's not used to sharing her swingset! Sorry Grace!

They both sat and ate so well. We had home grown corn, peaches, yellow squash (neither liked this) and turkey burgers!

Later in the evening we went for a wagon ride. Halfway through the ride, the girls wanted to walk. I wonder what they are talking about?

Hanging out!

Both girls were so good and headed right up to bed when asked. They were tucked in and reading. After a few minutes, Grace decided she didn't like this idea and so I rocked her a few minutes and they were both out like a light! What a fun night with a good friend! Maybe Lynn will go out another night! We had a blast!

3 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Dawson, Kelli and Tommy; I hear you maybe coming to NYC. I would love to watch Dawson. The photos are fun and we really love the blogs.
Love
Nana

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking care of Grace. I know she had a great time. Dawson is a sweet hostess...I know it is not easy for a toddler to share her stuff or her mommy! See you soon!

Anonymous said...

OMG how cute!!! so does this mean i can drop off abby soon! LOL

I love how they get along so do mayna and abby!!! LOVE IT!!!

I sooooooooooooooooo missed you kellie!!!!!! TEARS! lol