Off to the North Pole we went last night aboard the Polar Express. We have gone before but this was probably the most magical time of all. We boarded the train full of joy and excitement. Which in Dawson's way is giggles and smiles!

We turned our tickets in for this beautiful "golden" ticket. As the ride returned, the conductor punched our ticket....just like the book!

She was just so excited she could not sit down.

Teddy joined us for the trip too. I was told Teddy had never been to the North Pole so he should really join us for the trip! She got me on that one!

The elves on our train read the story and then we were served cookies and hot cocoa! Delicious!
One of the best parts for the children is drawing on the windows. It's so cold outside they steam up quickly and they are perfect for writing. The elves on our train liked to draw Xmas trees on the windows and the kids liked to decorate them!

Getting ready to hide from Santa because we are not quite a fan of his yet. I knew she wouldn't want to talk to him so we carefully wrote him and letter and she was prepared to hand it to him...which she did. Dawson asked for three things...An American Girl Doll, Baby Alive and the Operation Game! Perfect list for Santa!!!

The volunteer elves on the train are outstanding. On our way, we were read the Polar Express story and on our way back we sang lots of Xmas carols, had a pajama fashion show and told Xmas jokes. There was never a dull moment!
Finally, a visit from Santa! Not much eye contact but, no screaming and he did get a high five!


2 comments:
Great pictures! It looks like fun and I think I see Tommy in the background. What a fun family outing!
I need to do this sometime! Dawson is so pretty.
Post a Comment