Saturday, February 2, 2013

Skiing On a Very Snowy Day

If you can't beat the weather, join the weather.  I don't think there are many sports that the whole family can do together besides skiing!  Anyone young and old can ski! This winter, Dawson decided she wanted to ski.  Now, as you know, I have been skiing for years but, one can never teach their own children anything....they just won't listen.  So after two lessons....(by someone else) she is off and skiing both the green and blue hills.  It was a very snowy, cold and windy day so I did my best with the pictures!

 Here she is off with her instructor.  I love the patience and dedication of her instructor...and she's super petite.  She's only 4'10" so she makes a great team with Dawson.   They are adorable together!


 She can ski completely on her own after two lessons but, prefers to hold the hand of her instructor all the time.  I have no idea why!  The instructor told me today that she is completely controlling the both of them as they ski down the hill.  


  Look at the great form!







Next week, I'm digging out my skis and joining in the fun.  Dawson and I will be skiing together.  I have to ski without poles so I can lift her up onto the ski lift....she's still too small to get on by herself!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Okay...So I can't even begin to say how totally awesome this is! Love it! Dawson has always had great balance, so it is no surprise that she took to skiing as well as she climbs, flips, and walks on the balance beam in gymnastics. I am so glad you posted photos so I can see how great she is doing, because I don't think I could keep up with her on the slopes and I really hate the cold and snow, so the chances of me getting out there anytime soon to see it in person are slim to none. Love you both!