Sunday, February 21, 2010

Year TWO of....Sesame Street Live


Yes, we made it through another year of Elmo on stage. For some reason, we keep going back for this show. It's not only Dawson and I that are crazy...we had our friends Lynn and Grace with us too! The show was full of songs, dancing and good old Sesame Street humor. I have to admit I liked last year's show better but, the kids didn't seem to mind at all. The story line was a little more complex this year with the idea of shrinking and growing. I'm not sure any of the kids got it! The background grew and shrunk, not the characters.

Dawson wanted to sit on my lap the whole time. She was not scared but, maybe just needed to see a little better. As usual, she took everything in and told me all about it on our way home!

One of the best parts of the show was when Telly came walking down the aisles beeping his nose. We were right on the aisle so you could only imagine the looks on Grace and Dawson's faces! They loved it!

One of my favorite things about this show is that they always sell the music to the show. Dawson carried it to the car and wanted me to play it immediately. It's not bad to listen to and I know it helps Dawson reflect and upon what she just saw on stage! We have been listening to last year's CD almost every day in the car so I'm glad to have something new!

As always, Sesame Street puts on an entertaining show for kids of all ages. I'm wondering Lynn...are we going to do this again next year??????

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Kellie, since we have seen Stellaluna, the Very Hungry Caterpillar and Sesame Street TWICE and have Fancy Nancy, Curious George, and the Dream Jam Band coming up...I am SURE if it isn't Sesame Street next year, we will find some entertaining shows for our girls as they get bigger. We love hanging out with you and Dawson!

Arena Mom said...

Oh cool...we are going to Curiouse George too! I can't wait! My mom is taking Mayna and I so we will have to try to meet up!

Anonymous said...

i remember taking my 16 yr old to sesame street show when she was 3..OMG Time is flying by!! SNIFF!


IF you go back to fl you have to do the Sesame st breakfast ...ITS AWESOME!! Abby was a bit scared when we went in OCT and she likes BIG scary dinos...so thats fun!