We took advantage of one of the Spring like days last week to go to a newly renovated park to feed the birds. Yes, it's a well known place that you just bring your own bird food, put your hand out and the chickadees come and eat right from your hand. I have been to this park a million times and didn't know you could do this until I made friends with this avid bird watcher who so kindly showed us what to do and shared his food with us. He also happens to be employed photographer for all of the National Parks...as you can see, he took this picture of the Cardinal that was right in front of us! Beautiful!


The park created new walkways with lots of animals, plants and flowers molded into them. We stopped at each one and talked about what they were. The great thing about them is that they repeated as we walked and so we were learning along the way.

Dawson would walk past each one and tell me what they were. I was impressed when she told me "fern." One time she came across a chipmunk and said "Chipmunk." and then she continued, "that must be Alvin!" I got a good laugh out of that one!

2 comments:
Oh, My! That looks like such a fun way to spend an early spring day! Dawson - you are so brave. I bet Grace would love to visit this park with you. You will have to take us there someday soon!
Count us in I would love to check it out too! Come on spring!
Post a Comment