Saturday, March 20, 2010

Maple Sugaring

It was a beautiful day to head out for some maple sugaring. We hooked up with our good friends Mayna and Grace for some pancakes, sausage and real maple syrup this morning. We live close to an old village that has demonstrations of how times "used to be." We really just walked around, discovered and explored. The girls really did show an interest in what was going on. I really enjoyed watching the three girls interact, play and love life on a beautiful spring day! We are looking forward to the warm days to come!

Mayna and Dawson peeking in on the maple sap. I didn't know it looked like water with some dead bugs floating in it. I'm thinking I prefer Mrs. Butterworths!

I took the bucket down off the tree so Dawson, Grace and Mayna could really see! The other two had no problem! I better get used to that or start carrying a step stool with me! Haha!

Taking a closer look.


The three girls spent a lot of time running up this ramp and jumping down. I love the the way Mayna and Dawson are laughing at Grace's jump. They were so happy for her!

Next comes a Dawson jump!!!!

Three friends just hanging out...you can almost tell how unique each of their personalities are from this shot.

Did some one hear Madonna singing, "Strike a Pose?" This made me laugh!

Having a short chat on the park bench...wonder what they are talking about?

The three girls kept running up to the church door to see if anyone would answer. No luck!

Amy took this picture of Dawson looking at the cow and sheep in the fields. This is one I'm going to frame!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Another great day with great friends. I loved watching the girls interact and having some time to talk to you and Aimee. Can't wait to see you again, but that will probably not be until after your trip.

Anonymous said...

OMG you guys are soo snotty not inviting us!!!! I see how you roll!!! lol

My kid was sick anyway!! STAY away from us..cough gag! lol