Saturday, September 26, 2009

Marathon Day

We headed down the road today to cheer on all of our friends running in the local marathon. It's such a fun event because you can either run a whole, a half or a relay to complete the marathon. Most of the people we know ran the relay race! We saw so many people we knew which made watching and cheering that much better! This year was the largest participation ever because of the relay team popularity. The relay teams consist of 5 members each running a specified mileage so, just about anyone can do this! Maybe I can get a team together next year? It was raining a little bit but, worth standing in the rain to cheer our friends on!

Waiting in the rain...the umbrella was much more interesting than the race for Dawson!

Still playing with the umbrella.

My friend Laura...we almost missed her running past us...she was soooo fast!
Some how we found another umbrella! Now there are TWO to climb on! Congrats to all my friends that made it to the end! What a great accomplishment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHHH i'd sooo be on your team sista!!! I just bought a book called "marathon racing for dummies!".......im not 100% but next year MAYBE a small race!!!

cute pics! i miss you guys!

Arena Mom said...

She looks so cute cheering them on and playing with the umbrella! I was think of running that marathon before but it is very hilly, so I settled with another one. I am game for a split race!!