Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Soccer

Soccer time! We signed up for a six week soccer session and boy is this fun! I know she's a little young to play games so I searched high and low for more of a skills class. This class is once a week for an hour and requires parent participation. In all honesty, we can't make it an hour. At about 45 minutes all the kids start rolling on the ground. The educator in me now leaves at 45 minutes to make the experience fun, not boring and dreaded. It's a little intense already. For example, the kids were told to pass from left foot to left foot! Then they were told to pass from right foot to right foot. Are you kidding me? They don't know left from right and would rather just pass in general. All in all, the experience is good for Dawson. She still is very shy in group situations so my goal is to keep exposing her to these type of situations so she gets used to different people at different places. At the end of each session, I always get an "I love soccer mom!" That's the best part of my day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool! And Dawson looks so happy!

Arena Mom said...

How cool! Douglas has been playing soccer, but they don't start here until 4 yo which bums me out. I played, so I can't wait until Mayna can!!!

cathybcareers said...

Kellie, Good find. It must be fun to watch you girls on the field.
Can't wait to see you both in May.
Love Nana