I have a girl that has a huge imagination and loves to do art projects. We must spend part of every single day painting, cutting, gluing, drawing, coloring, etc. You name it and we do it! (Except for glitter...I just can't go there yet!) A few weeks ago we went to story time and made a puppet. With that in mind, she asked to make two puppets tonight for her friends Douglas and Mayna. She cut out all the pieces by herself, but the mouths. Then she glued them on the puppets entirely on her own. Notice the purple gluestick everywhere!

Getting ready to cut...

The finished project! I can't guarantee that Mayna and Douglas will ever see these puppets because she just mentioned she wants to keep them! Well, I guess it's the thought that counts!

3 comments:
Oh how sweet! Tell her it's fine to keep them...at her age it is the thought that counts.
You need to try glitter glue pens. The glitter is already mixed up in the glue, and the kids just draw with them. She'll love them and you won't be finding glitter all over your house for the next 2 years :-)
Becky
Oh my....how sweet is she!!! What a great job on them too! You can totally make out the faces and all! Nice work Dawson!
I second the glue glitter sticks. Every since it got nice I haven't been able to get mayna to do art at all and I feel bad about that.
Hope to see you soon!!!
Adorable! I wish Grace would get interested in art projects, but she prefers other things....maybe those glitter pens that Aimee and Becky recommend will spark some artistic interest in Grace!
Post a Comment