Who Is This You Ask?
Meet Christopher Pop-In-Kins
Here's the story...... About 6 years ago a parent at my school told me about this elf that you move around your house at Christmas time. She brought him in and told me the whole story. I loved the whole idea of it so I bought 4 sets. Well, I gave three away and for some reason, I've always had an extra one and have not been willing to give it away. Thank goodness because I can't wait to do it this year with Dawson! The last set is officially mine! Here's how the story goes....
Christopher worked for Santa in the North Pole making toys, but wanted a little more in his life. Soooooo, he talked to Santa about it and told him he really wanted to spend time with real girls and boys and help them with the long wait between Thanksgiving and Christmas. So Santa said he could go spend time with all the boys and girls under one condition: the kids must never touch him. For if they did, he would lose his magic and have to return to the North Pole to get it back. So Santa granted Christopher to be the very first Children's Elf!
Christopher Pop-In-Kins has been around for 24 years. Each year at Thanksgiving, parents read the first book explaining how he comes to see the kids and moves around your house each day. The fun part is trying to find him each morning. Then, on Christmas Eve, there is another book that sends Christopher back home to the North Pole. Santa needs his help delivering toys! I can't wait to see how this Christmas wait goes with Dawson....I will keep you posted.
On another note, the picture below is the newly created Christopher. When I bought mine six years ago, an older couple was creating him at home and mail ordering. The couple passed away about 2 years ago and the family members decided to mass manufacture him along with one of his books. Here is a picture of the new Christopher sold everywhere, including Amazon. I kind of like my "vintage" one but, he's pretty cute too!


No comments:
Post a Comment