Yes, it's true....Santa arrived at the mall last night.
Yes, it's too early to see him. Yes, it's too early to talk about him. Yes, it's too early to decorate. NO, WE DID NOT SIT ON HIS LAP OR EVEN GO NEAR HIM (as I suspected). We headed out to the mall last night to join in the arrival of Santa. He was brought to the mall in a firetruck and greeted by a chorus of holiday singers. Dawson was interested in the sirens of the firetruck but, not interested in getting close or seeing much of Santa. This is not any different from last year. Basically, we enjoyed the music and observed all the happenings around us. I can't believe it's almost Christmas time!

She started to run towards me when she heard the firetruck sirens coming. I did not bring my big camera so it was hard to capture her in action. That's the biggest benefit of my other camera! These kids move too fast these days!
After our mall outing we headed back home to celebrate Helo's 25th birthday. Helo is a grad student and soccer coach that lives with us. She is from Brazil and has been here a few times within the last few years. Dawson loves having her around for two reasons.....she plays the guitar and sings in Spanish and she chases her around the house. We really love having Helo at our house!


2 comments:
It looks like a fun evening, but I agree with you...it is too early for Santa! It is nice to see a pic of Helo after hearing about her. Maybe she can show Grace her guitar the next time we are over!
OH cool, I didn't know you had an exchange student living with you guys! What a special opportunity for you all and for Dawson!
Post a Comment