Saturday, October 30, 2010

Fall Festival and Pumpkin Carving

Dawson's preschool tries to lay low and make events easy and kid friendly. Instead of dressing up and celebrating Halloween, they have a family Fall Festival. Each family brings a picnic lunch and the children are free to roam around and do the activities provided. There was a beanbag toss, pumpkin decorating, cookie decorating, pin the nose on the pumpkin and the parachute. At the end of the day, the school principal came to read them a pumpkin story and sent each child home with the same book and some pumpkin stickers! It was just perfect for a class of three year olds!

Pumpkin decorating with stickers.

Story time! The festival was in the middle of the day so it combined the morning and afternoon classes. A pumpkin story being read to everyone by the school principal. (Her school is preschool through grade 8)

I didn't know how pumpkin carving was going to go this year? To my surprise, Dawson loved carving her pumpkins! Including the goop!

Look mom...pumpkin guts!

She was helping me cut the face. Dawson kept trying to stick her little knife in the face and saw an eye!

Our finished products! So CUTE!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a lot of fun! I like the idea of having a fall festival instead of Halloween dress-up. Dawson looks like she really enjoyed herself. And your pumpkins turned out great! I usually leave the pumpkin carving to Kyle....he is much better at it than I am...