Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How To Make Cut Out Cookies

Dawson has been making cookies with her Grammy for a long time so I thought she could share with the rest of us her step by step process. She really does have this process down and can do it without anyone's help! I didn't get any pictures of the finished product because I was helping ice and decorate. The finished products had some sprinkles and decorations on them! These will be the cookies we will be leaving out for Santa on Xmas Eve. The excitement is building around this house!!!

Step 1 - Pick your cookie cutters.

Step 2 - Find just the right size rolling pin.

Step 3 - Roll out the dough.

Keep rolling until the dough gets thin enough to cut out.

Step 4 - Pat the dough. (Not sure why she likes to do this?)

Step 5 - Cut out the dough with your favorite cookie cutter.

Step 6 - Remove the dough around the shape.

Step 7 - Cook them while you nap.
Step 8 - Ice them.

Step 9 - Always taste what you make!!! YUM!!

2 comments:

cathybcareers said...

Dawson and Kellie; Great cookie story, it made me almost taste the cookies. Merry Christmas Love Nana & Ba

Anonymous said...

I think Dawson might be the next Food network celebrity chef!