The quilt has arrived! I decided instead of keeping Dawson's favorite clothes in a box for the next 2o years, I would have them made into a quilt. I saved, what I thought, were her most important clothes and had this beautiful quilt made for her birthday. A few things I included were her coming home outfit, a hat, a swimsuit, her first birthday dress, Easter dress, Xmas dress, Halloween shirts, St. Patrick's day shirt, some P.J's, her readoption dress, and the blue striped outfit at the bottom of the quilt is the outfit she wore when I first met her! It is absolutely adorable! (The picture doesn't do it justice.) The problem now is...should I let her use it or hang it in her bedroom. My original plan was for her to use it but.....I don't know now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a cute idea and a great keepsake. Years ago, when I first got my sewing machine I learned to quilt. At the time, I felt like after I put all that hard work into a quilt it was better off to hang somewhere instead of being used. But then someone told me that value in the quilt is in the love it got as it was used. I am sure it is well made and cuddling under it, and some washing (or drycleaning) isn't going to damage it. My vote is to let her use it!
Wow, that is amazing! I just love it. You could do either really. Does it match her room? I would probably have to hang it, but that is just because my daughter is completely messy!
Kellie; My vote is to let her use it. When I was 60 years old; Lynn made me a memory quilt and I love it and have it hanging. I am looking forward to the day (soon) when I take it down and start cuddling under it. I think the hanging the quilts make them stiff.
Great job and super idea. Happy Birthday to Dawson next week.
Love Nana
Post a Comment