"Every child should have mud pies, grasshoppers, waterbugs, tadpoles, frogs, mud turtles, elderberries, wild strawberries, acorns, chestnuts, trees to climb, brooks to wade, water lilies, woodchucks, bats, bees, butterflies, various animals to pet, hayfields, pine-cones, rocks to roll, sand, snakes, huckleberries and hornets, and any child who has been deprived of these has been deprived of the best part of education."
-- Horticulturist Luther Burbank
We headed up to University Circle to visit our Aunt Pat and take her to the Cleveland Botanical Gardens with us. It's an amazing place for all ages. I really wanted Dawson to see the butterflies and visit the Children's Garden. The Botanical Gardens is a combination of indoor exhibits, housed in a magnificent glasshouse and ten acres of diverse, outdoor gardens.

This is what Dawson did when she looked at the Tin Man! Not a fan of him! (see Tin Man picture above)
This is a picture of one of many paths in the Children's Garden. It is so neat how the kids can go around, under and through many trails. Dawson didn't want to explore too much but, she did want to see the butterflies a few times and wanted to visit the treehouse a few times too!

Hanging out on the rock.

My favorite flower in the whole world...they are so bright and cheery!


2 comments:
I used to take my Big kids as little ones..I LOVE THAT PLACE...i really need to take abby soon!!!!
Great pics!
Too cute that she was afraid of the tin man! I love that picture of her!
Post a Comment